Made to order - Thank you
Thank you so much for your query, we appreciate you considering Vintage-etc - your support would mean a lot to our growing business.
If you have contacted us about a custom order item - to provide you with a quote to make it for you - could I ask you take a minute to read the whole email below.
Your query will be dealt with much quicker if you are certain you have given us all the correct information up front - which is with no exclusions, all of the following information below .
The reason we ask you for this information is that we respect everyone’s time. We run a very busy workshop and we try to keep our talented craftsmen getting our orders out, than dealing with incomplete information which means that they can not provide accurate estimates or work with confidence on orders.
So thank you for your assistance herein. We need:
- Length, breadth, depth and height dimensions (or diameter if round)
- Wood type (Oak, Reclaimed Oregon - or Other, please specify ) - See FAQ number 5 below for samples
- Reference photo (Pinterest or other so we can see the work involved)
- If you are ordering a table, we need to know how thick you want to able top as well (30mm, 50mm or 70mm)
- If the picture is of doors closed, explain what is behind the doors - example “two shelves and a hanging rail”
Click on this link to quickly give us these details if you have not already done so: https://vintage-etc.com/pages/made-to-order-furniture
To help you understand why we need this information, please watch this quick video below which explains how it works.
Frequently asked questions on custom orders:
1. How does this process work?
- Tell us what you want made (show us a picture/share dimensions/wood type)
- You will receive a free quote
- On agreement of quote, you will sign the estimate and pay
- We will quote delivery on the completed item and give you a date to expect your item
- Delivery address for quote
2. I am nervous to order online, how safe is it?
We have been in the trade since 2013 and we have not to date had a single return with an unhappy client. Ideally, find a picture on Pinterest of the style of table you like. Read our testimonials and see our Facebook ratings, the stats don’t like after 6 years of trading! Also if you are still unsure, call the founder Amanda on 0729025386 and you will find a real person to talk to and to help you feel at ease.
3. How do I know what size to order?
If its a table, take some tape and mark out the space on the floor of your ideal size table. Remember that you will still need space for chairs or benches. We can make tables to any size clients specific. Longer tables often require joins and more work.
4. How thick is the top, and what legs do I choose?
Our clients decide on this, but you can have a 50mm top, 70mm top or 80mm top. The thicker the tabletop, the higher the price as its more timber.
The legs can be cross legs, straight legs, black metal legs, or turned legs. You tell us, we make it!
5. What timber do I choose?
Generally, we work in reclaimed Oregon (most cost-effective) and new Oak. But we can also make tables from Teak and Mahogany, the choice is yours. Teak and Mahogany are best for outdoors usage as they weather better outdoors
6. How long will it take to come and explain delivery?
Generally, we say allow 2-5 weeks for manufacture, depending on season and complexity of order- and then a few days for transport depending on where it's going. We do delivery nationwide in SA.
We manufacture in Cape Town, delivery to central CT for a table is approximately R450 and outlying areas R600. Deliveries are at client cost, with no markup
7. Can I order bulk orders for my business?
Yes, of course, you can and we also offer very competitive trade rates fro trade buyers. We’ve fitted out restaurants in Camps Bay to hotels in Joburg - Drop us a line!
8. How does payment work?
For custom order tables, we do require payment upfront, because we buy timber and manufacture on your behalf, and if you don’t want it or change your mind or can’t afford the balance, the cost is not recoverable for our business. We operate with integrity and hope our clients will do the same.
If you feel you have LEFT out information for us to process your query, we have a form here that takes just 2 minutes to fill out and, and then you can be sure we have everything we need to get back to you without more questions. Click on this link https://vintage-etc.com/pages/made-to-order-furniture
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.